|I|| OT Techniques
|2||Sterilization and CSSD||Must Know
1. Methods of instruments cleaning, cleaning agents, detergents, mechanical washing ultrasonic cleaner.
2. Lubrication and inspection of instruments.
3. Care of micro surgical and titanium instruments.
4.Principal of sterilization and disinfection
5.Different methods of sterilization
6.Precaution to be taken during sterilization
7. Methods of checking for efficiency of sterilization.
Desirable to Know
1.Recent advances in the methods of sterilization
2. Recent amendment in EPA(Environmental Protection Agency) with reference to waste disposable.
|3||Introduction of surgery||Must Know
1. Basic principal of surgery.
|4||Wound Management||Must know
1. Different types of bandages.
2. Surgical Needle & Needle holders.
3. Types of suture material.
4. Techniques of stitching and removal of stitches.
|5|| Surgical Instruments
1. Instruments used for cleaning and draping for a surgical procedure.
2. Classification of General surgical instruments
3. Orthopedic surgery instruments
4. Obstetrics and Gynecological surgery instruments
5. Laparoscopic instruments used for Cholycystectomy and Laparoscopic Gynecology procedures
Desirable to Know
1. Urological surgery Instruments
2. Reconstructive surgery instruments
1. Intra-operative & postoperative problems and complications of general surgery.
2. Management of emergency caesarean section.
3. Laparoscopic gynecology procedures.
4. Surgical management of Fracture, Joint replacement and arthroscopy.
5. Surgical management of endoscopies.
6. Care and maintenance of Para surgical equipment (Cautery, OT lights, OT Table)
7. Esmarch bandage, simple tourniquet, pneumatic tourniquet uses, care and maintenance
8. Major abdominal incision.
Desirable to know
9. Positioning of patient for different operation.
10. Surgical Consideration in TURP and PCNL
11. Surgical management in major burns.
Nice to Know
12. Surgical management of laryngectomy and cochlear implant.
13. Management of perforating