It is one of the largest and important wings in modern healthcare sector. This is an innovative, need based and relevant training programme meant to create employment opportunities. Medical laboratory science combines the use of sophisticated instruments and techniques with the application of theoretical knowledge to perform complex procedures on tissue specimen, blood samples and other body fluids. The tests and procedures that Medical Laboratory Technologist performs provide critical information enabling physicians to diagnose, treat and monitor a patient’s condition. This course is job oriented and focussed to meet the ever-growing demands of lab technicians in health industry. During the course, students are introduced to the diagnosis of diseases, the implementation and monitoring of therapies to treat diseases and the like many other areas.
- They can be engaged as Technologist / Technical Consultant in Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Blood Banks and Diagnostic Laboratories etc.
- They can also work as laboratory manager/ consultant / supervisor, health care administrator/ Hospital Outreach coordinator, laboratory information system Analyst /Consultant, health and safety officer etc.
- Can also work as Teacher after M.Sc in Paramedical/ Allied Health Institutes.
- In the clinical areas, they may be engaged in drug testing, therapeutic drug monitoring, biogenetics and other research labs.
- Higher Education:
- PhD MLT or life Science
- Can switch to other biological branches